Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Interactive Powerpoint

Drum roll please...here is my interactive Powerpoint. It did take me a considerably long time to create it however, it was my first time to use Powerpoint in this way.




I was beginning to think that powerpoint had seen its day and was beginning to become a little tierd in all honesty it had been done to death. However, the interactive powerpoint has really restored my faith in good old PowerPoint presentations.


Discuss some uses for it in the classroom other than a fancy way of displaying information

Threats and Weeknesses of powepoint.


Technology really has a way of testing the habits of mind in particular the habit of persisting. After celebrating my PowerPoint victory I couldn't wait to upload it and show it off, but unfortunately it required further investigation and through it I inadvertently discovered the wonders of Slideshare a website that you can upload and share all your PowerPoint presentations and there were some incredible educational resources that can be viewed and used.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sheena,
    I have become a big fan of the interactive PowerPoint. I made 3 interactive PowerPoints that were digital portfolios for an assignment 3 weeks ago. The first one took a few hours but by the time I got to the third one, it was only a few minutes.
    I love that it uses a familiar product (to me and the students), but by adding the hyperlinks it is transformed into a tool with so many possibilities. Whether you are using them for a quiz, a portfolio or a presentation, interactive PowerPoints are an easy to make and fun to use tool.

    Paul Shulz’s blog has a great tutorial on how to make an interactive quiz using this program.
    Worth a watch.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete